Monday, March 14, 2011

South Florida Closing Weekend

Morning Breaking over fair site


We began the day with cool temperatures, 69 and a slight ocean breeze, Set up was done with much laughter, groans, and of course the tired thoughts of just how long 5 weekends had been .
We opened with a slow start, Many of our Patrons were discussing the The Tsunami in Japan, and work that would have to be done to help Japan recover. It definitely was a subject that we heard thorough out the day. We did see less patrons, many told us on Sunday,they were stuck in the front of the TV watching the hard facts of what had occurred. It definely affected people, we talked, listened and try to asnwer any questions that our guest ask. It was a day in which people felt far more motal, as living in South Florida we are much more aware of what  Mother Nature can do with water . Our guest spend this day enjoying  far more beverages,that any other day of the show. And yet we were kept busy . As the day progressed the heat rose, the weather man missed again. By 3:00 pm we were all dragging, so the chocolate was broke out, which lead to the ultmaite Chocolate cover bacon  treats.
Chocolate bacon begins

It is amazing,  a must for those who love chocolate. Our guest were having a wonderful time and new friends were met and made. It was a good day all in all.












Sunday Morning started out cool but we knew we would have the same heat of yesterday, Closing Day here is so different, than many shows , it is a day of roses, gifts and thanks . Our morning started before boom as it always does with  fair staff wanting new clothes, Today would be a very busy day as all of our clients meet and greet at the booth . I had the pleasure of seeing pictures of my early work still being worn, and the pictures of the day it was worn, first 12 years ago  Wow , it reminds me of why I do what I do
Deb wearing her bodice I made 12 years ago and in my hand the pictures of the day it was delieveried
Our guest were in great form, on Sunday I laughed so much my sides hurt this morning . The day was filled with pictures being taking. We spend the day helping new clients pick new items and set appointments for new out fits. My appointment book filled quickly by 4pm ,I had to start adding pages to the list.  As of this morning there are no availble appointments until April 15. The afternoon went so fast, It pasted in a blur,
Chris suprized me by arriving in garb to take me to Pub sing, a rare thing indeed!  As I have done the South Florida Rennassaince Fair now for 17 years , I have never missed the last song of pub sing, It hold far to many memoriesof faces ,places ,smiles and a few tears. It would not be fair without" Health to the Company"




      It was a great pleasure to Dress Her Majesty
              The Oueen , she is truly noble and a force for good.
                                  Baj would be proud.




Now I leave you with pictures , if I have forgot anyone  for give me
SAFE JOURNEYS
Patrons of our Faire and of the Needlefairy

11 Year old bodice handed down

Her Majesty the Queen


Huzzah and Safe Journeys

No comments:

Post a Comment