Monday, March 7, 2011

South Florida Renassaince Festival 4th Weekend

 
NO it cant be 4th weekend
Good morning Monday, what a weekend, it started with a Boom literally, and we were off on a run , first  the booth filled up with old friends and new clients and the sound of pure sweet laughter. The air was clear and cool, the perfect faire day unfolding before us. Morning started with new thoughts of creation and design ,thank goodness I keep a  book with me,this show has added 10 pages of wow, hmmm and of course clients new request.
The new Doublets were the first to go and the display gown went next, after that, the day blur into paperwork, history and of course spending time planning clients new creations. It seems that this show has created clients who know exactly what it is they want. I will have a full week after this day.



the Shrewsberry Bodice


 Lunch came and went , and we recieved the another wave of patrons, this time it was the New Shrewsberry Bodice, that was the must have item,  a steel boned long bodice, that is "the most comfortable bodice I have wore yet" (a quote I heard throught out the day ). I was rather pleased on that . 








 Our clients unmistakeably the most photographed  to day. It seemed as if we were flying through this day, I did mange to run away for a little while, only to catch  my favorite music artist "Owen Phyfe." He is amazing and a must see at the Faire, Our day was fast coming to a close and we really didnt seem to realize how fast it had gone, until we hear the closing Cannon.
After a very long day  I sat and thought of how the day had gone,  only to stretch and change my view,it did a body and mind good


the view

Sunday morning 5:30 am, Damn I am tired, far more than I expected. This is the feeling I get by closing and I have another weekend to go, hmm is that coffee I smell, as my feet drawing my unwilling body out of bed.Thank Goddess Caffina for this morning okay cool. I manged to put every thing in order last nite so I can sit and work on this divine cup of java for a bit, I am going to need it ! The weather man is really making it hard for me to be excited for today, he's calling for heavy rain this afternoon. great............. Damn!!!!!!
Truck is ready and Oh wow Did I get a surprize, spring has show herself ,I wasnt expecting these for another week or so. They will be all in bloom by weeks end there are about 30 of these in my front yard. And it is off to work I go, with a better thought and spirit. Set up was normal but with thoughts of watch the weather, Sundays are hard to call this year not sure if it is the change in site or our patrons. And the thought of rain dampen everyones spirit ,we started as a normal sunday would ,but that would be the only normal for the day. We met the time jumpers,( Steampunk) after lunch and wow what great costumes! And then we watch the rain roll in with a burst of wind, Us pushing to move displays and covering the stock as best as we can . We always have a booth full of people when this happens . It rain for a good 25 mins,and  cleared quickly. The day progress as normal, minus the drying out of any wet stock ,that would be later after show. Had the please of seeing many friends and sampling a new culinary delight, Chocolate covered Bacon, OMG It is the perfect salt and sugar combo I think I have ever tasted wow, leave it to the Texans. And so the day was one that will be marked by Food, Freinds and one beautiful ending, you can get here in South Florida.  Enjoy these as I had to take them to share with all of you
 


1 comment:

  1. The perspective at the end of the day is the most important. Especially when its a carousel. ";-]

    ReplyDelete