Saturday, December 4, 2010

This week homework submissions


Spend the day sewing thu the hand basting ,and starting the assemble process, The dress is a 1950 day dress, I choose a  lightweight cashmere /wool blend in red. It has always has been one of my fav's and well here in Florida, it has cooled down to think of warmer fabrics that I don't get to work with very often. I have not decide whether I am going to change the design from the full skirt to the pencil skirt I think both will work, I just think that a wiggle skirt might be the ultatament to the bodice design. The bodice is total bias cut with darts every where including the collar,shoulders bust, sleeves,and and back ,the skirt has six darts as well.  This was very time consuming with the basting and sewing I have not done a really serious press job as of yet and still need to work on hems topstitching, the interior hand work and finish the skirt with what choice I make to the style of the skirt but, at the end of today I put it on the "dummie" and said I was done with this day. Pleased with as far as I had gone and a sense of creation

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for joining my team - love the dress and I also love the colour. I made a wiggle skirt and dress not very practical for grocery shopping but sure looks good.
    Beverley
    www.beverleylovestosew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete